Election Internship For A Sustainable Future!
- Internship posted by Clean Water Action of Austin, Texas
600 West 28th Street
Clean Water Action is currently hiring Community Organizers to work on national and local grassroots campaigns. We work to get progressive and environmental candidates in office and organize to protect the health, environment and livelihood of communities.
THIS COULD BE YOU, JOIN US IN THIS FIGHT!
As you know, there are many fights happening simultaneously against Trump's radical agenda. Our network is mobilizing members on both local and national environmental issues.
Clean Water Action is the organization that passed the federal Clean Water Act of 1972! We work to protect our natural resources, safeguard public health, promote the passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local pollution issues.
Requirements / Prior Experience: One year of community outreach.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Location: Must live in Austin, Texas
Language: English is required; bi-lingual a plus
· We look for strong communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
· Candidates should have an interest in environmental or social justice issues, non-profit work, and politics.
· The hours are from 3:30pm to 10:00pm, Monday through Friday.
· We provide a full benefits package and paid sick, holiday and vacation time for full time employees.
· There are travel opportunities to conferences and other offices within our network.
· There is also potential for fast development and long term growth within the organization.