Hours per week
15-20 hours per week during the summer
608 Wisconsin Avenue
About: Tieton Arts & Humanities (TA&H) is a nonprofit located in Tieton, WA that provides art and cultural programming for the local and regional community. Part of the larger arts incubator Mighty Tieton, they work together to bring art and creativity to this small but charming rural community in Central Washington. Artists, poets, performers, tourists, and art lovers make their way to Tieton to experience and participate in these unique and engaging events. A creative individual will fill the role of Program Intern and work on some of these events.
Commitment: Approximately June 11 - September 7, 2018, about 15 - 20 hours/wk, and one week in October (October 7 - 12) for gallery take down. Start date, end date and schedule are flexible. Work will be in Tieton, WA, at the Mighty Tieton Warehouse.
Reports to: Tieton Arts & Humanities Executive Director
Purpose: This internship is designed to increase skills and knowledge in arts programming. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and seeking employment in the arts. The internship will include working on an international art exhibition which entails a call for submissions, show installation, communicating with artists, sales, shipping and handling, and program support. Most work will be for the 10x10x10xTieton art exhibition, but the Program Intern will also assist with Art in the Park as well as LiTFUSE Poet’s Workshop, Día de los Muertos, and other events based on the need.
● Manage a database of up to 1000 entries
● Assist with layout, installation and lighting of exhibition
● Packing, handling and shipping 150+ works
● Writing copy and catalog entries
● Processing sales and sales agreements
● Troubleshooting artist and buyer issues, working side by side with artists
● Updating the Tieton Arts & Humanities website
● Program support in summer art program, working with art teacher, youth and volunteers
● Experience with Excel and Google Docs
● Experience with CaFÉ or Squarespace is helpful
● Building experience is preferred but not required
● Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and be willing to get a little messy
● Flexibility in diverse situations
● Willingness to try new things and involve oneself in unique opportunities
Tieton Arts & Humanities and Mighty Tieton are regionally recognized in the arts and cultural spheres. A summer internship in Tieton offers an individual the opportunity not only to gain new skills in event coordination and gallery installation, but also meet artists and creative entrepreneurs, learn about creative place-making in rural America and participate in unique summer programming events.
How To Apply
To apply: Send an email to email@example.com with:
● A resumé
● Two references
● 3 - 5 examples of your graphic design, photography, or things you create
● Responses to the following prompts:
-Describe your background in creating: creating art, events, food, businesses, etc. Include
why you do this and what it brings to your life.
-What skills would you bring to this internship?
-What draws you to this position and how would working with Tieton Arts & Humanities
further your career goals?