Hours per week
The Endeavor Insight team is currently seeking interns to join its growing team. The intern will lead key research, strategy, and consulting projects at Endeavor’s Global headquarters in New York, and will play an active role in shaping Insight’s research agenda.
As part of these research projects, the intern will engage in primary research with entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and entrepreneurship support organizations in cities and countries worldwide. Through extensive interviews, analysis, writing, and presentations, the Insight team helps to formulate and create content that support Endeavor’s broader theory of change.
Examples of past projects conducted by Endeavor Insight:
- Mapping connections among hundreds of entrepreneurs in several U.S. cities, Istanbul, Buenos Aires, East Africa and South Asia, studies which have received media attention in top newspapers worldwide;
- Diagnosing the strengths and weaknesses of entrepreneurial ecosystems and leading roundtable discussions with entrepreneurship stakeholders in Japan;
- Evaluating more than 1000 entrepreneurship support programs worldwide and identifying best practices for global entrepreneurship policymakers; and
- Conducting interviews with Endeavor’s Entrepreneurs who have a direct social impact (e.g., extending financial services to “bottom of the pyramid” clients) to understand the key drivers of growth and expansion for firms in the social enterprise sector.
Skills & Qualifications<img src="https://na67.salesforce.com/img/s.gif">:
- Current college or graduate student (college students and recent graduates strongly preferred);
- Relevant experience in a highly analytical role, such as consulting, finance, entrepreneurship, and/or international development;
- Quantitative skills required, and a high level of proficiency with Excel, Stata, R, or other statistical packages preferred;
- Strong managerial skills and the ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects and team members;
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives and Endeavor’s Board of Directors;
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to create publication-ready pieces for Endeavor global, its local affiliates, and other stakeholders.
- Strong cultural skills for working with international team members;
- Ability to speak any of the languages of Endeavor Affiliates (especially Spanish or Portuguese) is a plus, but not required; and
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and economic development in emerging markets.
Works With: The whole Endeavor Insight Team
Timeframe: Candidates must be available for interviews in March and April, with a preferred June 4 start.
Although Endeavor cannot offer compensation for this internship, we will support qualified candidates to seek out external funding. In past years, the majority of our interns have been able to secure funding either through their university or through external sources that support social enterprise.
How To Apply
Please provide a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in Endeavor and how your background meets the position’s requirements. Applicants should submit this cover letter and a resume through our online application. Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, we can only respond directly to select applicants. No calls please, and best of luck!