Hours per week
867 Boylston St
Tech Goes Home is a 501(c)(3) non-profit tackling the entrenched digital divide in Greater Boston and beyond that prevents low-income and underserved residents from leveraging technology and the Internet to improve their lives. Our program consists of 15 hours of free, customized, hands-on digital resource instruction. The trainings run at schools and local organizations across the area and are taught by TGH-trained staff members at the sites, including schoolteachers, community center staff, counselors, and family liaisons. As a result, the focus and values of each course reflect and prioritize the needs of the people in that community. We rely on a fantastic team of volunteers to help with language translation, tech assistance, and general support of families and participants. Upon program completion, participants can purchase a new device for $50 to ensure they continue to use the skills they have learned. More than 25,000 participants have graduated from the program at more than 250 sites across Boston, and TGH has distributed more than 15,000 new computers. TGH isn’t just providing training and technology; as one parent of the program said, “It is due to your program that my life and career have been elevated...thank you for your amazing program. It has changed my life.”
We are seeking someone with extraordinary passion and talent to join our team for the summer of 2018! The Program Intern will be supervised by the Program Director. We are a small team of fun and caring people that aim to leave work everyday knowing that we made a difference.
The Program Intern will be responsible for updating and expanding our digital literacy curriculum/resources offered to low-income individuals and families in the Greater Boston area. This position will also assist the program team in administrative support of partner organizations. The Program Intern will report to the Program Director.
- Create and update Tech Goes Home’s digital literacy curriculum.
- Research new online tools that would benefit TGH communities.
- Provide administrative support to TGH partner organizations.
- Assist in data entry through the Salesforce database.
- Plan and coordinate TGH trainer networking events.
- Support the team with TGH events management & coordination.
TGH is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TGH is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage women and people of color to apply.
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth: the candidate will be part of a small team and will therefore have the chance to contribute to and learn about any and all aspects of running a nonprofit organization.
- Some flexibility in work schedule and location. Office is centrally located in Back Bay, Boston.
- This is a paid internship based in our office in Back Bay in Boston, MA. The intern will work 35 hours per week for 10 weeks and receive a stipend of $4,000 over the course of the internship. We also will consider students looking for a for-credit internship or who have secured funding for an unpaid internship through their academic institutions or another source.
How To Apply
The position will remain open until filled. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample with “TGH Program Intern” as the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Tech Goes Home is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
Please submit a tutorial of a website that you frequently use for an audience that is new to using the internet and speak English as a second language. For examples, please click on any PDF icon on this page.