Hours per week
40 Hours / Week
District of Columbia
Living Cities is seeking dedicated, innovative minds to join us this summer and gain valuable experience in the philanthropic, corporate and public sectors. This internship is a 40-hour per week, 8 week commitment. Specific placements and assignments will be based on candidate's interests and the organization’s needs.
Program areas may include, but are not limited to:
• Collective Impact
• Capital Innovation
• Public Sector Innovation
• Open Sourcing Social Change (Communications)
• Learning and Evaluation
• Equity and Inclusion
• Talent and Human Resources
• Administration and Operations
Sample responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Research policies and community development practices nationwide that improve outcomes for low-income communities, especially people of color.
• Create graphics, powerpoints and other visuals for internal and external spread of organizational knowledge.
• Execute written products including meeting minutes, press releases, blog posts, research papers, spreadsheets with data captures, biographies, etc.
• Support communication and social media strategies on Twitter, Facebook,Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Provide administrative support to staff to assist with travel, scheduling,expense reports, and event planning.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Passionate about dramatically improving the lives of low-income people in US cities, particularly people of color
• Detail oriented, delivers quality work on a consistent basis
• A demonstrated interest in urban affairs, municipal innovation, data analysis, collective impact, and addressing income inequality
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, and in a team
• Excellent writing, researching, editing, and analytical skills
• Self-starter who exhibits a positive and hard-working attitude.
• An open mind and willingness to engage with those who share different opinions and beliefs
Education and Experience
• Rising juniors, seniors, and graduate students preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point),Adobe Acrobat, and Customer Relationship Management databases (i.e.Salesforce)
• Intermediate or Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume with the subject “Summer Intern 2018.”
Cover Letter should address: Preferred office location - New York or Washington,DC , and describe your interests and experience in any of our programmatic areas. No phone calls please.