Fall 2018 Internship | Health and Aging: NYC-Based Healthcare Philanthropy
- Internship posted by The John A. Hartford Foundation, Inc.
$15.00 per hour
Hours per week
35 hours per week
The John A. Hartford Foundation, Inc.
55 East 59th Street – 16th floor
New York, NY 10022
Start Date: September 10, 2018 (flexible) End Date: December 21, 2018 (flexible)
Salary: $15 per hour Work Hours: Approx. 35 hours per week
Background: The John A. Hartford Foundation is a small, mission-driven organization in New York City. Since 1982, we have awarded more than $565 million in grants to enhance the health and well-being of older people. Our vision is a nation where all older adults receive high-value evidence-based healthcare, are treated with respect and dignity, and have their goals and preferences honored. The John A. Hartford Foundation is seeking outstanding individuals committed to advancing our triple aim objectives of Age-Friendly Health Systems, Family Caregiving, and Serious Illness & End of Life.
Position Details: Selected candidates will support the President and John A. Hartford Foundation staff with various projects that advance the mission of improving care for older adults. Past projects have focused on topics related to elder abuse and mistreatment, age-friendly hospitals, end of life and palliative care. This will require interns to conduct research and produce writing related to the fields of geriatrics and gerontology, and perform administrative projects related to the day to day operations of the Foundation.
Position Requirements/Preferred Skills:
- Current enrollment in a related graduate level degree program (MPH, MPA, MSW, MHA, etc.)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Adaptability to new opportunities and projects.
- Interest in philanthropy, health care, and/or aging
- Ability to collaborate with others, work independently, and manage time effectively
- Must arrange own housing within New York City or local area
Terry Fulmer, President
How To Apply
How Do I Get Started?
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for The John A. Hartford Foundation