CATW is a non-governmental organization that works to end human trafficking and the commercial sexual exploitation of women and girls worldwide. CATW engages in advocacy, education, and direct services and prevention programs for victims of trafficking and prostitution in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas, including in the United States.
CATW is seeking a Communications Intern who will assist the Communications Manager in the organization’s outreach and external relations efforts. The position runs through May 2018 for a minimum of 20 hours per week. The internship is eligible for school credit, if applicable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Media monitoring and desk research.
- Website and social media planning and updating.
- Updating and helping the continuing development of CATW’s media list.
- Supporting the creation, drafting and editing of newsletter and website content, fact sheets, blog articles, weekly updates, background papers and other advocacy and promotional materials on issues relating to programmatic activities.
- Performing other general administrative duties and projects as assigned.
- Current college or graduate school student.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Work or volunteer experience in a professional, confidential environment.
- Technical proficiency or the ability to easily learn a variety of office applications and database systems.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, required
- Familiarity with online marketing and digital communications tools and platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong verbal communication, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly.
- A second language is highly desirable.
- Strong personal commitment to women’s rights issues and anti-human trafficking initiatives.
How To Apply
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.