Hours per week
10 weeks minimum
901 South Highland Street
The Reception and Placement (R&P) Program Intern provides support to the Refugee Resettlement Department at ECDC, conducting research and producing deliverables to enhance ECDC’s affiliate network capacity to serve clients.
1. Assists in updating ECDC’s Community Consultations Guide, providing enhanced detail on community collaborations and private resources.
2. Assists in developing a Best Practices Guide, compiling data from ECDC’s affiliate network.
3. Assists in updating ECDC’s Online Training Course for Affiliate Staff.
4. Assists in researching and writing guidance for each of ECDC’s affiliates about procedures for clients obtaining guardianship or custody of minors in their respective states.
5. Assists in creating extended cultural orientation guides and materials for dissemination of ECDC’s R&P clients.
6. Assists in researching and writing posts and articles for ECDC’s R&P Program Blog and Health Newsletter.
7. Assists in ECDC’s monitoring and evaluation efforts.
8. Assists in planning and executing training events for affiliate staff, including training for new directors and managers and ECDC’s annual national training for affiliates.
Assigned duties will vary based on intern skills and interests and departmental needs.
- Interest in domestic refugee resettlement.
- Sophomore-level standing or higher at college or university. Majors: Political Science, International Relations/Global Studies, Sociology, or similar fields of study.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the Internet. Website skills are a plus.
- Ability to plan and manage work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate professionally to and collaborate with diverse individuals in a multicultural environment.
ECDC R&P Program Internship-Programming
- Ability to adjust to changing work tasks.
Internship beginning and ending dates are flexible.
This internship is unpaid. However, ECDC offers a local travel stipend.