Hours per week
12-15 hours a week
1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers, policy analysts and practitioners, is currently seeking part-time interns to provide support on a collaborative initiative led by AcademyHealth’s Senior Scholar in Residence, Dr. Denise Dougherty, PhD, Adolescents and Children Together for Health (ACT for Health), and AcademyHealth. The initiative is designed to enhance adolescent wellbeing by promoting the use of evidence to inform policy and practice. Incumbents will have an opportunity to support senior researchers with experience in taking evidence to action in a range of health and related environments, in a highly collegial environment.
- Participate in reviews of published health services and health policy literature to identify strategies that have enhanced adolescent wellbeing in the United States.
- Participate in reviews of the published implementation science and related literature (health policy, public policy, political science) to identify the most effective approaches for moving evidence to action at the community and policy levels (not specific to adolescents).
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of community changemakers and policy officials at the national and state levels who would be most likely to engage in moving evidence to action and willing to participate in scientific reviews by informing the questions to be addressed and reviewing draft products.
- Providing administrative support for meetings, workshops, and webinars including, scheduling, preparing materials, taking notes, and development of meeting summaries.
- Additional research and support tasks, as appropriate to the interests and skills of candidates.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with interest in, and some knowledge of, adolescent health and well-being is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with conducting online searches of the scientific literature.
- Enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual who is able to work independently and in a fast-paced, academic, collaborative work environment.
- Ability to engage professionally with senior research and policy experts and leaders.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks is required.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications; prior experience working with websites a plus.
Interns will have an opportunity to support senior researchers with experience in taking evidence to action in a range of health and related environments, in a highly collegial environment.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202 292-6800. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.