Marketing and Communications Intern
- Internship posted by Community Resource Exchange - New York City
Hours per week
2-3 days per week
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Reports to: Marketing and Communication Manager
Start date: June 2018
About Community Resource Exchange (CRE)
CRE is a nonprofit consulting firm that provides the strategies and tools needed to build sustainable, high-performing organizations that improve people’s lives and drive social change. We are privileged to partner annually with nearly 400 organizations, large and small, that are working to create opportunity and catalyze change.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager, and will work between two to three days per week June – August 2018, flexible. They will assist with the re-design of a suite of downloadable tools and resources, with google adwords campaigns, with external communication, and other writing and editing tasks as needed. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain professional experience in a dynamic organization that strengthens the leadership and infrastructure of social sector organizations focused on social and economic justice.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and re-design of a suite of resources and tools
- Design and re-design of a suite of practice area two pagers and online tools
- Maintenance and reporting on Google AdWords
- Reporting on Google analytics
- Drafting and designing external communications, such as e-newsletters and media releases
- Proofing of marketing and communications materials
- Such other responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications and Expectations
- Commitment to the mission and goals of CRE
- Bachelor’s Degree recently completed or currently being studied, preferably in design, communications, or related to the social sector
- Excellent design skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to analyze data and create clear written materials
- Interest in and knowledge of marketing and communications practices
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the Adobe design suite is a necessity (primarily InDesign and Photoshop), and Microsoft Office and Google docs experience is preferred.
- Sense of humor
This is an unpaid internship, but a travel and lunch stipend will be offered, as well as the chance to sit one-to-one with CRE senior management and learn about our organization and working in the social sector.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Marketing and Communications Intern” in the subject line.