2018 Paid Undergraduate Summer Teaching Fellowship - Boston, Denver, Providence, Western MA
- Internship posted by Generation Teach Inc.
$2,000 for 7-week fellowship or $1,800 for 6-week fellowship
Hours per week
8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
6 Liberty Square #2062
WHO WE ARE
Generation Teach is led by a national team of educators, driven by five core values - belonging, investment, initiative, growth, and excellence. We partner with communities to build local, diverse pipelines of exemplary educators who reflect the students and communities we serve.
We are committed to investing a new generation of prospective teachers in our most important profession. Every year, we learn with and from our fellows, professional teachers, and students. Learn and grow with us this summer!
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an undergraduate who shares our core values and our commitment to ending educational inequity.
- You value contributing to a diverse community of learners who challenge and support one another.
- You want to invest your summer in the success of others. As a GT Summer Teaching Fellow, you will focus on your middle-school students - their experiences and their success.
- You are eager to receive feedback and coaching to become the teacher your students deserve.
On average, our summer teaching fellows are:
- 75% people of color
- 60% Black and/or Latinx
- 75% local - they grew up or attend college in our communities
- 40% First Gen
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Complete 2 weeks of training in identity, relationships, instructional practices, and content-area pedagogy while building a loving community of colleagues, practicing teaching, and preparing to meet your students.
- Teach middle-school math, engineering, reading, or social studies; design and teach fitness, language, humanities, or STEM electives; co-lead fun events and community meetings during our 4- or 5-week GT STEAM Academy.
- Receive daily feedback and support from your Teacher Coach and a taxable scholarship to offset living costs.
- Join the GT Alumni Community and receive individual career counseling.
As a Generation Teach Summer Teaching Fellow, you are the teacher in your classrooms. Local district and charter schools host our programs. You teach in the schools your students attend, in the neighborhoods where they live, in cities where you grew up or attend school, and in the communities you may choose to serve professionally. You complete 40 - 60 hours of solo teaching experience with daily coaching. After the summer, we provide individual career counseling.
Your Teacher Coach will observe your teaching and give you feedback every day. You will receive a taxable scholarship of $1,800 - $2,000 depending on your region; if you receive GT-subsidized housing, you will receive a $750 scholarship. You will join a cohort of 32 like-minded, passionate, caring, invested college and high-school students. You will have the opportunity to learn with and from your students and their families.
How To Apply
Please go to www.genteach.fluidreview.com to apply today.