Unpaid Internship: Workforce Engagement, Hawthorne, NY - Summer 2018
- Internship posted by American Red Cross Greater New York Region
Hours per week
Part-time, 20 plus hours per week, flexible
40 Saw Mill River Road
This internship is located in Hawthorne, NY which is in upper Westchester County.
This internship is for students who are resourceful, interested in team building and want to help create the strategic direction for developing, engaging and retaining a highly effective and satisfied workforce through the utilization of volunteers, interns and employees. Applicants should have a strong interest in Human Resources or related fields.
- You will support the mission and projects of the Workforce Engagement team.
- Like the work of a Human Resources department, Disaster Workforce Engagement engages in a process that results in a fully-staffed workforce that is competent, effective and satisfied. You’ll work behind-the-scenes to support all Disaster Cycle Services workforce engagement programs, resulting in well-prepared workers to carry out our mission.
- Projects are in the disciplines of volunteer administration, management, and engagement and include:
- Relationship development to provide disaster services volunteers with information they need to meet program needs
- Identifying information used to meet individuals’ needs and motivations which will drive their future actions in meeting the mission and recording them accurately in their Volunteer Connection profile
- Identifying initial training requirements and
- Maintaining system records to ensure knowledge for future worker development
You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the time of the internship. Our Internship Program may not satisfy requirements for school practicums but can be done for credit.
Our formal Summer Internship Program typically runs for a specified 10-week duration.
- Monday, June 4th until Friday, August 10th
- Next date of hire: Monday, June 11th or Monday, June 18th
- Weekly Internship Hours Required: Part time and approximately 20 plus hour per week
Public Policy and Administration, Nonprofit Management, Human Resources, Social Work, Psychology, or Sociology
Preferred Grade Levels
Undergraduate Junior, Undergraduate Senior or Graduate level.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is a mission-focused undergraduate or graduate college student seeking a meaningful internship experience who has the following qualities:
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Communicator
- Team Builder/Player
- Strategic Thinker
- No-task-is too-small attitude
What You'll Learn
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Management
- Training and mentoring from subject matter experts
- Volunteer Engagement, Management & Administration
- A deeper awareness of the Humanitarian Mission of the American Red Cross
- Cultivation of Cultural Competence and Inclusion
How To Apply
Email your cover letter and resume. Our recruiter will review, and if it is a match, you'll be invited to formally apply.