About Global Crisis Response (GCR):
Global Crisis Response is a systematic effort aimed at collectively exploring the best means to navigate the current era of the Anthropocene characterized by Climate Change, Scarcity, Chaos & Uncertainty. It is the flagship initiative of Orb Tranz Research & Broadcasting Foundation, a not for profit (Section-8 Company) registered in Mumbai, India.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS (JD):
This is a multi-tasking- research, analysis & content writing profile involving the following tasks:
- Refinement of Theory of Change (TOC) & Conceptual Frameworks: Brainstorm (with the team), Research, Validation, Improvisation
- Publication may include Academic writing (Author or Co-author with the Project Director) an Investigatory Report, Research paper on a platform like Medium, Blogs to be jointly published on reputed platforms (as per the organization Strategy)
- Assist in research, editing, co-author/author blogs for the GCR website based on extensive research
- Conceptualize, Story-board for each episode of GCR YouTube channel (based on blog series research)
- Any other related task as required by the Project Co-coordinator
Core Qualification, Skills & Expertise:
- Post- Graduates (preferably from academic disciplines related to Environment, Ecological Economics, Alternative Economics, Post, Climate Change, Sustainability etc.)
- Candidate with the following background will be preferred
- Ability to theorize, analyze & refine frameworks
- Experience& capability of writing research papers worthy of being published in Journals of repute
- Experience of Creative writing (blogs) or environmental Journalism
- Video Script writing experience
- Conceptual understanding of ‘Climate Change’ or ‘Disaster’ Communication
- Conceptual understanding Public Interest Communication
- Curious & passionate about issues related to Existential Risks, sustainability, climate change, scarcity etc.
Non-Core Skills (yet advantageous):
Candidates with the following skills will have an edge (though not essential for this JD)
- Practical social media promotion capabilities (Including SEO & Keyword Optimization for Blogs)*
- Powerful Presentations skills (ppt, Infographics, doodle etc.)
This internship project will be completed under the supervision of the Project Director (Sudhir Shetty).