Hours per week
1110 Vermont Avenue
District of Columbia
The Elevator Pitch:
Development Gateway is searching for a college-level Summer Accounting and Finance Student Intern who is available to Intern over the summer.
The Organization You Want to Work for:
Development Gateway is a non-profit organization, who works at the intersection of technology and international development, harnessing technical expertise to transform information into insights and results.
Development Gateway is an anchor of the OpenGovHub, located in the heart of DC, a short walk from McPherson Square metro with myriad of good lunch options in close proximity. This creative space allows for collaboration and innovation within and among the different groups; it also offers networking opportunities, brown-bag lunches, happy hours, and other activities. www.developmentgateway.org.
Internship Applied Learning Opportunities:
• Assist with general accounting duties and associated finance and accounting projects in preparation of our annual audit.
• Educational opportunities to learn the audit and accounting processes in grant-funded, non-profit organizations.
Preferred Experience and Education:
· Excellent written and spoken English; Foreign language skills a plus
· Junior or Senior Year Student in an Accounting, Finance or Related College Degree Program or higher
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
· Basic accounting and finance knowledge; past accounting experience helpful
Flexible hours (Monday through Friday between 9 AM to 5 PM). Final schedule to be determined between management and student.
This is an unpaid educational internship designed for students enrolled in relevant degree-seeking programs. College credit available to qualified students. A transportation stipend is available to assist with commuting expenses.
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Write “Summer Student Internship” in the subject line. Development Gateway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.