115 5th Avenue
Who we are:
All Out is a global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
By mobilising people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, we are bringing people power to the movement for equality. We use creative campaigning tactics – both online and offline – to capture global attention around the fight for the rights of LGBT+ people.
Who we are hiring:
All Out is seeking an intern who is preferably a native speaker of French or Spanish. We are looking for a passionate and talented person who will work closely with our Campaigns team as we launch new campaigns around the world. This is an opportunity to find out more about online campaigning and community management, to work with an international team, and to learn about the global LGBT+ movement.
The Campaigns Intern researches breaking news on LGBT+ issues around the world, contributes to strategy discussions on new and existing campaigns, assists with building our campaigns from scratch on our digital platforms, and helps us design and deliver creative campaigning tactics.
This is an unpaid position, but the internship should be eligible for academic credit (please check with your university about eligibility for credit). Metrocard reimbursement is available for interns who are located in New York City and will be working from our Union Square office.
We are looking for someone who can commit between 12 to 20 hours a week, for at least 3 months. The estimated start date is 2 July 2018. Interns can be based anywhere in the Americas, in Africa, or in Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis. We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, trans people, and gender nonconforming people.
Please note that the application, CV and cover letter must be submitted in English.
This is an opportunity to learn first-hand how a campaigning organisation communicates and engages a wide membership through online platforms.
The intern will have the opportunity to engage with several activities while working in a global, fast-paced, tech-focused environment:
- Working on online campaigns, including social media advocacy, mass e-mail writing, and other transferable marketing skills;
- Engaging a large membership and keeping it active;
- Telling compelling stories to broad audiences;
- Press outreach, including writing press releases and pitching;
- Researching news and events related to global LGBT+ issues.
The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in written and spoken English and, ideally, a native speaker of either French or Spanish. Fluency in German, Italian, or Portuguese are a bonus, but not required.
- Has a commitment to and an understanding of LGBT+ rights, international human rights, or similar social justice movements;
- Is thorough and detail-driven;
- Can think creatively about our work;
- Has the ability to initiate and follow through on projects;
- Has a keen interest in all things online;
- Is eager to learn.
4 June 2018.
How To Apply
Please apply directly on the website.