Hours per week
85 Pike St Rm 500
Pike Place Market Foundation is a non-profit organization located in the heart of Seattle, in Pike Place Market. The Market Foundation helps the Market you love remain a thriving, caring community. Through community-building, fundraising, and advocacy, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that supports a diverse community in Pike Place Market. Read more about how we’re supporting a network of services in our community of over 11,000 low-income seniors and families: www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org.
Outreach interns at Pike Place Market Foundation help raise vital funds by promoting donor naming opportunities of Market Charms and Bronze Hoofprint on the new MarketFront expansion. This position also assists existing donors in finding their Charms and Hoofprints and educating the public about the MarketFront and community services at Pike Place Market. Interns will be responsible for managing a Market Charm social media campaign across a variety of platforms. This internship offers a unique opportunity to be part of a successful fundraising campaign that has raised $9.3 million to date. Learn more at www.pikeup.org
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Set up, break down and management of the summer outreach booth on the MarketFront
2. Promote donation opportunities and the mission of Pike Place Market Foundation
3. Provide excellent donor relations and customer service to MarketFront visitors
4. Collaborate with other volunteers, staff and Market merchants
5. Create and execute social media campaign for Market Charms
1. Excellent customer service, oral and written communications skills.
2. Ability to be proactive and work independently with a “can-do attitude”.
3. Professional and courteous demeanor at all times with public, donors and co-workers.
4. Proficient in social media platforms, strategies and campaigns
5. Preference given to applicants who have nonprofit volunteer experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires the ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Some physical labor is required for setting and breaking down the outreach booth and standing on your feet or sitting on a stool for multiple hours.
Bus pass provided
Start and end dates flexible
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working with The Market Foundation and your relevant experience to: Lindsey Falkenburg Lindsey.Falkenburg@pikeplacemarket.org
Thank you for your interest in working with the Pike Place Market Foundation!