Hours per week
20 hours per week
Program Manager, Best Buddies Spain
Best Buddies Spain, an equal opportunity employer, is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to
establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendship, integrated
employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Founded by Anthony Kennedy Shriver, Best Buddies is headquartered in Miami, Florida. Its programs today
reach all 50 of the United States, and have active international programs in more than 50 countries, spanning six continents. For more information, please visit our websites at www.bestbuddies.org & www.bestbuddies.es
The Program Manager works with the local community to maintain quality friendships and events for the Best Buddies Citizen Chapter in Madrid.
Key responsibilities include recruiting, training, and mentoring participants with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), and working with volunteers and host site administrations to form quality friendships between people with and without IDD.
- Must be comfortable engaging with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Experience recruiting, managing, and motivating volunteers
- Must be adaptable and able to quickly and effectively develop and balance multiple relationships, and get results from a variety of people
- Basic presentation and facilitation skills
- Basic project and time management skills
- Strong written communication skills in English and Spanish, must be Bilingual
- Strong initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic understanding of social media and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Must be comfortable working with youth and adults
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently, use personal cell phone, and work evenings and weekends as necessary in order to accomplish job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 4 years’ relevant experience
Job Duties include, but are not limited to the below and may include additional responsibilities as needed per office:
- Overseeing all day-to-day operations of chapters in region and providing ongoing support to all volunteers by meeting regularly with chapter leadership and attending chapter activities
- Overseeing chapter leaders and advisors as they manage recruitment, chapter meetings, group outings, chapter development and matching and evaluation process
- Working with supervisor to perform annual assessment of program
- Working with supervisor to meet all goals and deliverables as required in foundation and/or government contracts
- Participating in monthly programmatic calls with the Barcelona Office
- Communicating with participants’ parents as needed to discuss the quality of their child’s experience and provide information about state and chapter activities
- Assisting and/or leading the development and implementation of local volunteer trainings, Best Buddies International Leadership Conference, and other programmatic events as assigned
- Working with supervisor(s) on fundraising events as directed
- Providing referrals regarding potential donors/supporters/committee or board members/etc. to supervisor(s) as appropriate
- Supporting chapters as they seek donations and support from their local communities
- Working with supervisor to increase awareness of Best Buddies through local marketing, public speaking and media initiatives
- Contributing content and images for updates to website
- Engaging program participants and/or leading Best Buddies Day/Month activities
- Providing information as necessary for state grant/foundation/funding proposals
- Completing required reports in a timely and organized manner, including but not limited to monthly, bi-annual, and annual reviews.
- Ensuring that personal reimbursements and vendor payments are properly coded and completed in a timely manner
- Overseeing timely collection of participant application information and appropriately to manage contacts
The Program Manager, Best Buddies Spain is a part-time internship that lasts from September 2018-May 2019. Best Buddies Spain is able to provide local health insurance and a monthly stipend of 100 euro.
A work computer, basic cell phone, and office space will be provided by Best Buddies Spain.
You must be eligible to live in Spain without a work visa from Best Buddies Spain for the duration of the internship.
How To Apply
Please send you cover letter and resume in Spanish to the following email addresses: