Hours per week
12 months, Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Vision House is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit Christian transitional housing program for families experiencing homelessness. Mission: Our mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and homeless to promote a positive transformation of their lives.
Vision: Our vision is to inspire our community to unite so that all people have access to a healthy home.
DESCRIPTION OF INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Purpose: The Vision House internship program is to provide young adults with a hands-on ministry experience in the non-profit, human services field. Our program is designed to develop and equip emerging Christian leaders through a process of inquiry, feedback and growth with an emphasis on servant leadership, vocation, calling and mission.
Description: 12 month Full time Internship (40 hours per week) beginning June 1, 2018
· Opportunity for mentoring: The emphasis on mentoring conversations will be on identifying an intern’s current strengths and weaknesses to learn how to use these to promote success.
· Model for learning: An added component to an intern’s work assignment will be a rotation through each major program area at Vision House: family services, fundraising, human resources, accounting, child care, resale and facilities and maintenance.
· Conversations concerning Vocation, Calling and Giftedness: Each intern will engage in an ongoing process of reflection with their mentor. As a group, interns will explore personal strengths using the Gallup Strengths Finder assessment.
· Significant Ministry in the organization: Genuine conversions followed by a commitment to cooperate with God are loving transformation of ourselves and others with a call to action.
· Opportunity to integrate with a larger movement of emerging leaders: Opportunity to visit other social service partners in the community and will be invited to attend networking and/or committee meetings with Vision House staff in their respective areas of service (homelessness, fundraising, human resources, etc.)
RATE AND BENEFITS
Stipend: $11.00 per hour
Benefits: Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
· Engage with specific department under “job description” to accomplish tasks described.
· Complete an internship portfolio.
· Engage with each department managers at Vision House for an understanding of their impact on the mission. Monthly round table discussions around current issues in seeking home stability, non-profit work, donor relations and fund raising, local community agencies serving our population, racial and economic equity awareness and leadership development.
· Bi-weekly discussions with an assigned mentor, weekly supervision.
· Attend Murdock Trust Vision & Call Internship Retreats: Oct. 5-7, additional dates TBD.
· Attend all staff retreat and leadership training – Global Leadership Summit.
INTERN SELECTION PROCESS
Selection will be based on the following:
• Demonstrated interest in impacting the greater good and the Kingdom of God.
• An interest in an internship that utilizes a relational, inquiry-based model, focusing on self-awareness, spiritual reflection and personal growth.
• Demonstrated character traits of integrity, perseverance, curiosity and collaboration .
• Content and quality of applicant's Statement of Purpose.
• Quality of fit with Vision House expectations and opportunities.
• An ability to act with integrity and uphold professional standards at all times .
· Ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
· Demonstrate good listening and interactive communication skills.
· Personal characteristics: approachable, empathetic, flexible, discerning.
· Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications.
· Ability to pass background check.
· Ability to sign our Statement of Faith.
Family Services Program
· 1. Youth and Family Advocacy, Entry and Case Management - Shoreline, WA
· 2. Alumni Services and Entry Coordination – Renton, WA
· 3. Youth and Family Advocate and Curriculum Development – Renton, WA
4. Administration, Resale, Child Care, Human Resources - Renton
$11.00 per hour
How To Apply
To request an application form or questions
Noreen Graham, HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel; 425-228-6356