Paid Internship, Educational Programs —Fall 2018
- Internship posted by Alliance for Consumer Education
Hours per week
1667 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Paid Internship, Educational Programs Intern—Fall 2018
The Alliance for Consumer Education (ACE) is a non-profit that works to educate consumer and improve lives. Programs focus on the proper use, storage and disposal of household products. ACE is currently in a strategic growth phase—a program refresh and content overhaul provide ample opportunity for interns to own projects, get real experience, and make a difference in our organization.
It is an exciting time to be a part of the small but mighty team. Interns are an integral part of operations and are given autonomy and ownership of projects and content. ACE is seeking a Educational Programs Intern for the fall of 2018. Visit ConsmerEd.org to learn more about our organization.
· Develop and create curriculum for elementary, middle school, and high school students on relevant programs
· Create outreach materials for presentations in schools, conferences, events, etc.
· Assist with planning and execution of program events
Interns will be expected dress in mascot costumes for school presentations
· Work closely with the in-house communications team to track coverage of relevant issues in the media; write content for blog postings, news releases, website content, donor communications, promotional copy, and other communication opportunities
· Produce original social media content
· Oversee the social media budget and spending
· Track and report social media analytics to ACE team and ACE Board of Directors
· Maintain general databases and consolidate files
· Education, Communications, English, Marketing, or similar majors required
· Current university student
· Strong research, writing, and communication skills
· Comfortable working with children
· Experience working with Microsoft Office software to create flyers, handouts, and other publications
· Ability to work independently and think creatively to expand on ideas and projects
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus but not required
· Experience working with education programs a plus but not required
10-15 hours a week
Paid position for ambitious interns seeking to be an integral member of a growing non-profit. Opportunities to create content, developing curriculum, and overseeing day-to-day social media operations.