Hours per week
28 hours per week
1655 Ft Myer Dr
The Alumni Intern will support the Student Success Officer in developing the ISEP alumni database as the first step in building a useful repository of contact information for ISEP’s alumni. By building a well-moderated alumni network for career connections, mentoring, and education, the ISEP study abroad experience will be extended to provide life-long value.
The internship is an opportunity to apply research, data analysis and organizational skills in the international higher education setting, and directly contribute to ISEP’s mission of making studying abroad accessible and meaningful to current and future ISEP students.
· Research and Data Entry – Research ISEP materials and correspond with alumni and ISEP colleagues to locate interested alumni. Obtain permission to use contact information if necessary, and make sure their data is carefully organized and entered into our database.
· Data Analysis – Analyze and synthesize alumni data for trends, insights and other pertinent information to inform future student and alumni engagement.
· Website Content and Design– Aid the Student Success Officer in updating the public-facing alumni database website. This may include minor web design.
· Social Media Profile Preparation – Create alumni profiles for external communications about ISEP success stories
· Customer Service Support – Correspond with institutions, students, alumni and parents.
· Alumni and Office Communications – Draft or edit messages customized to an alumni audience, leveraging MailChimp, Office365, ISEP-L, LinkedIn and other social media tools
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration, humanities, or other related area.
- Outstanding communications skills with an ability to effectively engage a variety of stakeholders and experience providing quality customer service.
- A proven record of strong research and data analysis.
- Exceptional attention to detail and data-entry experience.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for international education and ISEP’s mission of inclusive excellence and affordability in global education.
- Foreign language ability.
- Web-design experience, preferably with a portfolio.
- Experience with alumni tracking software, including commercial and proprietary systems.
- Creative problem-solver who thinks two steps ahead and identifies issues before they arise.
This internship is geared towards candidates who are self-directed, proactive, and that enjoy working independently without extensive oversight.
ISEP is a non-profit educational community dedicated to helping students overcome academic and financial barriers to study abroad. Made of up 337-member colleges and universities from 53 countries around the world, we work together to help provide students access to affordable, high-quality programs, that in return help develop culturally sensitive skill sets needed for today’s global workforce.
How To Apply
Submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in ISEP and your qualifications for this internship, specifically highlighting your work with databases.
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Alumni Intern." Application deadline: March 26, 2018.
ISEP is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.