Hours per week
You will work 5 days a week, from 8am to 12pm and from 1:30pm to 5pm
km 11 Tambopata, bajo Tambopata
Madre de Dios
Amazon Shelter is a small local non-profit organization that was created in 2007 by Magali Salinas, in order to rescue and rehabilitate as many animals as possible. We welcome many species of monkeys (howlers, capuchins, squirrel monkey for example) as well as macaws, peccaries, tortoises and far more. We also work for the conservation of the environment and Peruvian Amazon wildlife through environmental education, in order to achieve a change in behavior in human activities and thus stop the deterioration of their natural habitat.
As we work in a self-funded way, we need resources to keep running our organization. Because of this we need someone who can contact and obtain new resources.
We also need someone who can help us recruit new volunteers and donors and manage Amazon Shelter’s online presence.
During this internship you will live at the shelter where you can help take care of the animals if you wish to. Full board and lodging are included and it is also the perfect opportunity to meet with our volunteers, coming from all over the world.
- Research and contact of new funding sources
- Drafting project proposals and activities
- Communication and building relationships with current and potential donors
- Carry out campaigns or activities (practices or on-line) of obtaining funds
- Assist in administrative tasks
- Recruitment of volunteers, nationally and internationally
- Management of volunteer reservations
- Dealing with prospective volunteer email enquiries
- Management of Amazon Shelter’s social media profile
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Very good level of English, written and spoken
- A strong, confident personality
- Understanding and sensitivity to the animal cause
- Flexibility to adapt to frequently changing priorities and tasks
You can either come to the shelter and live here, which is a great opportunity to be close to our animals and meet volunteers from all over the world, or you can rent a flat in Puerto Maldonado to be in a big city and to be able to go out in the evening, in which case you will come to the centre once a week to talk with Magali.
How To Apply
Please send us your CV and your motivation letter.