Hours per week
Hours are part-time, 5-10 hours per week based on availability
Come join the campaign to reclaim democracy for the people. Free Speech For People, a national nonpartisan nonprofit organization, was founded in 2010 after the Supreme Court’s Citizens United v. FEC decision. We’re working to renew our democracy and reclaim our Constitution for We the People, not big money and corporate interests, and to challenge President Trump’s unprecedented corruption and abuse of power. We are currently accepting applications for a Communications Intern to manage and cultivate our social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other relevant platforms.
What do we do? Our current major projects include a push to get big money out of politics, to hold President Trump accountable for his unprecedented corruption and abuse of power, and to challenge corporations claiming constitutional rights to disregard federal, state, and local laws.
Who are you? You’re a communications student with a passion for Free Speech For People’s mission and work, with an interest in activism, politics, and organizing a plus. We’re looking for the following qualifications:
· Experience in social media marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr, and other platforms
· Strong writing skills
· Familiarity with website management platforms, including Wordpress
· Able to convey a professional nonpartisan online presence for the organization
· Experience connecting online trends with the messaging of Free Speech For People
· Commitment to learning and professional growth
What will you do?
· Maintain the social media profiles of Free Speech For People on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
· Develop regular weekly content for social media channels
· Monitor conversations on social media and manage responses
· Monitor daily news stories and developments in the money in politics movement, create posts and content to highlight key stories
· Have some flexibility to be available for drafting breaking news content
When and where is the internship? Our administrative office is located in central Austin, TX, but position can be remote. Hours are part-time, 5-10 hours per week based on availability. Start and end dates are flexible. This is an unpaid internship.
How To Apply
Send your cover letter, resume, digital portfolio, and contact info (email and phone) for two references to email@example.com.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Free Speech For People is an affirmative action employer and recruits, employs, retains, and promotes persons in a manner that does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, or physical or mental ability which is unrelated to job performance.