Grand Central Station
P.O. Box 4777
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with a single defined objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation provides a distinctive combination of scientific, business, and media assets to this core focus. This triple-pronged, singularly-defined strategy towards disease research enables a dynamic, motivated, and young organization. MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside of the federal government and has funded over $800 million in research projects across academic and industry labs worldwide.
MJFF raises over $90 million annually. We deliberately have no endowment or reserve because we believe that our capital needs to be invested today to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible. We start our fundraising from zero each year and deploy funds raised as quickly as possible, in a strategic, targeted, and vetted manner. The Foundation has approximately 135 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation marketing internship provides college students with hands-on experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization. The marketing intern supports the Foundation’s work to grow and engage the online patient, family and supporter audiences to meet several Foundation goals: increase site traffic, grow our email list and acquire, retain and upgrade constituents in their capacity as donors. This position will report to the Marketing Officer and will be at least 3 days a week. We accept interns on a rolling basis and schedules are based on candidates’ schedule. All interns are paid a $15 stipend per day. Our general business hours are 9am to 5pm.
· Research emerging social media outlets for general best practices and new tactical approaches
· Provide informed recommendations for the Foundation’s use of digital platforms
· Document trends of marketing activities and present cumulative project to the Marketing team
· Create monthly newsletter to inform the Marketing team about relevant news items
· Identify influencers in the community and advise outreach for these new contacts
· Assist with content development and distribution across social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest)
Qualifications of an Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding of Internet trends and technologies.
- Skill in identifying, tracking and analyzing trends as they appear on social channels
- Must be highly organized, very detailed and an excellent communicator
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, internet and e-mail
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accountability
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest. Applicants who best match the position description will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.