Hours per week
120 East 23rd Street
Matriculate Program Intern (Paid)
Spring 2019 Semester
Spring 2019: 16 weeks | January-May
Matriculate’s mission is to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to make the leap to our best colleges. Our vision is that one day all the best students in America will have access to and be supported in the best colleges—regardless of their socio-economic status or background—which will give them a unique opportunity to change the trajectory of their own lives and the lives of their families.
Matriculate leverages peer-to-peer relationships and networks to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to enroll in top colleges and universities. We train talented college students at leading institutions to provide the information, guidance, and support that these high school students need to apply to, gain admission at, and excel in the best institutions. College is an inflection point for low-income high-achievers, and Matriculate allows this overlooked segment of our country’s top talent to realize its potential and address income inequality from the bottom up.
Today, only 1/3rd of low-income high-achievers attend selective colleges each year. By 2025, Matriculate intends to double that number and ensure that every year 2/3rds make the leap to the best colleges.
Matriculate seeks an Intern to assist with the Matriculate program. The Intern’s primary responsibilities are to assist with the development, tracking, growth, and evaluation of the program. The Intern reports to the Senior Program Associate and works closely with the rest of the Matriculate team.
We are currently accepting applications for our Spring 2019 Internship.
This position requires drive and passion for our mission, significant capacity for problem solving, excellent management skills, attention to detail, focus on quality, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Support the Matriculate program by working to:
- Help create and review our suite of program materials
- Help build systems and review data to support program
- Communicate and establish connections with Matriculate partners
- Provide research support as necessary
- Support other function areas as necessary, including finance, operations, and development
- Contribute to Matriculate’s culture of continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- A deep commitment to Matriculate’s mission
- Be an undergraduate upperclassman, or graduate student
- Hold a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with Excel preferred
- Ability to self-advocate and “manage up”
- A self-starter who can work independently
- Unwavering commitment to excellence
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Command of remote communication methods, including Google Hangouts and Skype
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with Salesforce, Airtable or other CRM database a plus
- Excellent judgment and impeccable integrity
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and growing organization
- A sense of humor
- Commitment to constantly learning, growing, and reflecting on their work
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and an academic, non-fiction writing sample that demonstrates your critical thinking and expository writing skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We review applications on a rolling basis, with a priority consideration deadline of October 31st for the Spring 2019 position.
Matriculate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.