Hours per week
Clifford Beers Housing
Salary: Unpaid Division: Special Projects
Status: Part-Time Supervisor: Office/Special Projects Manager
<img src="//:0" height="2" width="626">
CLIFFORD BEERS HOUSING
Clifford Beers Housing (CBH) develops permanent supportive housing for the most vulnerable. Our commitment is to create thoughtfully designed, affordable and integrated communities to enhance the lives of individuals and families who have experienced mental illness and homelessness.
This position will assist the Special Project Manager with the exploration of effectuating Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) without the utilization of Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). The Innovations Intern will assist in underwriting, research, funding applications, and the negotiation of multiple innovative models, including a proposed 25 unit development. CBH hopes this project will serve as a model to create new tools to end homelessness in Los Angeles. This position is great for those interested in innovating new methods of non-profit development, urban planning, and real estate.
The position is part-time, up to 19 hours per week. Hours are flexible. This is an unpaid 6 month, or summer, internship with the possibility of a second (paid) term upon a satisfactory review.
· Assist with tasks required to prepare applications for public and private financing consistent with funding regulations and within funding deadlines
· Modify and revise as directed by Special Project Manager project proforma and other financial spreadsheets
· Actively participate in project problem-solving and discussions regarding project strategies
· Organize project data so that it is readily available as needed for distribution and prepare both internal reports and reports to funders in accordance with their indicated requirements
· Verify accuracy of work completed by support staff and outside consultants
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in real estate, urban planning, or related field
· Organizational skills
· Prioritization and coordination of schedule and tasks in support of multiple projects
· Knowledge of MS Office suite, particularly excel and outlook
· Professional demeanor in representing the organization to colleagues, constituents, funders and public officials
· Highly organized, with a facility for written and oral presentation
· Ability to make reasoned judgments consistent with the organizational mission and priorities
· Ability to synthesize and understand information from a variety of sources and documents and to prioritize work accordingly
· Excellent communication skills
· Commitment to supportive housing and the affordable housing industry.
To Apply: Send a Resume and Cover letter to Haley Compean at HCompean@CBHousing.org
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at least 50% of the time; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand at least 25% of the time; walk at least 25% of the time; and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Clifford Beers Housing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer welcoming all who are qualified to perform the work. Also, reasonable work accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position nor cause undue hardship to the organization’s operations.
How To Apply
Please include your resume and cover letter.