Hours per week
15 - 20 hours per week
3000 Biscayne Boulevard
Law For Black Lives is a Black femme-led national network of over 3,500 radical lawyers committed to building a responsive legal infrastructure for movement organizations and cultivating a community of legal advocates trained in movement lawyering. Law For Black Lives staff is a team of strong Black and Latinx femmes who are deeply committed to supporting the leadership of directly impacted communities and transforming the legal field to represent the values of movement lawyering, which are centered in building community power and democratizing the law.
The communications team is responsible for promoting the L4BL’s mission, brand and programs through our website, email, and social media. Interns will join us in our office in Miami and work on strategic communications, digital organizing and content creation for our blog, website, multimedia and social media channels.
Interns will assist with:
- The development of communications strategies
- Posting online content for our website and social media platforms
- Research on social media and digital campaign best practices
- Analyzing the effectiveness of existing online digital advocacy campaigns
- Website and multimedia graphics and design
- College or Graduate Student with a background in Communications, Marketing, and/or Social Sciences or similar experience
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Familiarity with social media and websites (Hootsuite, Squarespace and SalsaLabs are a plus)
- Digital design and/or print experience are welcome
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, or FinalCut
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Experience in and/or a demonstrated commitment to social justice organizing and social movements
- Familiarity with issues of racial justice, gender justice, civil and human rights
- Proficiency in Spanish or Haitian Creole is appreciated, but not required
Summer Internship: 10-12 weeks
How To Apply
Please send your resume/CV, a writing sample and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline is May 23rd, 2018