Hours per week
At least two full consecutive days per week
121 6th Avenue
Overview: University Settlement provides a comprehensive network of services to over 30,000 people of all ages living in the Lower East Side. Its broad network of activities includes adult literacy classes, mental health counseling and intensive case management; group and family day care; support services to the formerly homeless; after-school and summer camp for children and teens; a senior center and a credit union. The Door, an affiliate of University Settlement, helps over 11,500 young people each year by empowering them to reach their potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. Partnered with The Door, Broome Street Academy Charter High School provides a unique model that will seamlessly integrate a rigorous academic curriculum and youth development services under one roof. The school hopes to serve as a national model for addressing the needs of all students, especially those in need of additional support.
- Assist with maintaining the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Portal
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources department in areas of Benefits, Recruiting, New Hire Orientation data entry, document retention, etc.
- Assist with ensuring personnel files are complete and in compliance with funding and legal requirements
- Research new laws and policies and provide regular updates to HR department
- Assist with special HR projects and other tasks as assigned by HR Manager and Director
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program of study
- Major or specialization in Business Administration, Psychology or related field
- General knowledge of human resource concepts and terminology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Resourceful in performing research on the Internet and through other channels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff
Hours: At least two full days per week
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume.