Hours per week
15-25 hr per week, project based
22 Baltimore Rd.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: MARKETING INTERN
BioHealth Innovation, Inc. (BHI) is a nonprofit organization focused on supporting BioHealth entrepreneurs and related industry growth in Montgomery County and the BioHealth Capital Region (Maryland, D.C. and Virginia). We are seeking an energetic and motivated Marketing intern to assist with communications-related projects that require graphics and graphic design experience, website and contact/outreach database maintenance, and other program/administrative support duties as assigned. Graphic design experience mandatory.
This position is estimated to be 15-25 hours per week and would start immediately and continue for 12 weeks. There is opportunity for continuation of the internship. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the intern may attend meetings and programs to understand the full work of BHI and how the organization accomplishes its mission through constituent outreach and support, commercialization and partnership activity.
· Newsletter database updates and maintenance
· Support of communications outreach to incubator and portfolio companies, Entrepreneurs in Residence, etc.
· Support creation and updating of wide range of material related to various BHI programs and activities
· Website updates and maintenance
· Assist Managing Director and other BHI staff in various administrative duties related to BHI grant proposals, industry analysis, programs, and events
·Support of social media outreach
· Enthusiasm and interest in entrepreneurship and/or non-profit administration
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Illustrator preferred
·Ability to learn new software programs quickly
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
· Flexibility and ability to work independently
To apply, please send a resume to Yesenia DAlessandro - Manager, Operations and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
BHI is a dynamic non profit focused on providing business assistance to life science start ups. As such, our culture is relaxed yet driven. We like to work hard and play hard. Our employees and interns enjoy team happy hours, lunches, community engagement and various networking events.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume to Yesenia D’Alessandro - Manager, Operations and Human Resources at email@example.com. If you have samples of past work please include along with your resume.