Hours per week
4+ month committment
Town Hall, Market Place, Newbury
Looking to gain hands on experience in International Community Development while living and working overseas? Do you have a talent and passion for photography, videography, and using media as a way to connect people? FutureSense has a great International Media Internship opportunity! We're looking for travel enthusiasts who are keen to make a difference to local communities in less developed countries to help coordinate programs and mentor volunteers across the globe!
FutureSense Foundation is an International Development charity that works in seven countries focusing on the areas of education, child welfare, health and livelihood support. Through our volunteer brands GapGuru, Challenges Abroad and Inspire we recruit volunteers to deliver our international programmes and help further our mission.
Our VMPC - Media Interns are key to the overall success of our programs, helping to direct and manage the work of the volunteers on the ground, while capturing the stories of those we work with. You need to be energetic, hard-working, enthusiastic and eager to learn a wide range of new skills!
The FutureSense Foundation is seeking a Media Intern who can provide support to our In-Country Managers, volunteers and community partners through basic project coordination, volunteer support, media content, and photo/video story telling. You'll gain valuable experience planning and managing group logistics, leading teams of international volunteers, working closely with local partners in a cross-cultural environment and of course, making a rewarding difference in the communities in which we work. Additionally, you will be part of promoting the work happening on the ground, as well as present artistic case studies of the children and families in our programs.
- Coordinate and deliver programmes geared towards group and individual volunteers in-line with our sustainable development initiatives
- Plan and manage volunteer logistics during their stay
- Provide support and mentorship to volunteers from their arrival in-country to their departure, from airport pick-ups, orientations and cultural understanding to enable them to make the most of their time overseas and feel supported
- Assist with the preparation of pre-departure documentation and programme reports for the groups and individual volunteers with whom you are working
- Collect quality media content for use in the hub, for supporters, and for future volunteer engagement
- Highlight valuable people and stories through creative videos and photography that demonstrate the program outcomes
- Positive working attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Passion for international community development
- Overseas travel experience
- Undergraduate degree completion
- Spanish language comprehension if applying for the Peru location
- Available for a minimum 4 month commitment - possibility for long-term positions based on opportunity and need
- A portfolio that demonstrates your work – both photos and videos
- Preferable previous video editing experience
- Access to quality equipment
You will be remunerated with a small monthly living stipend, accommodation, some meals and any work-related expenses. Flights, visas and insurance not included
How To Apply
We love new ideas and are looking for passionate people, so if this sounds like the position for you, apply below today!
Please email a CV, Covering letter outlining why you'd make the perfect addition to our team, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
**We are hiring for a number of hub locations, so please specify country (or countries) of interest in your application**
We are interviewing on a rolling basis - so please submit as early as possible