Are you looking to learn more about renewable energy and the possibility of a green career in this growing industry? Solar One’s Clean Energy Workforce Internship will give you first-hand experience in workforce training to expand your knowledge and skill-set while supporting efforts to ensure equitable access to the growing clean energy industry in NYC.
● Six-month virtual internship program with 15 - 20 hours required a week
● Paid internship - $18/hour for current/recent undergraduate students, $20/hour for graduate students or students with an undergraduate degree
● Flexible schedule to accommodate for student classes
● Start date: October 2021
● End date: April 2021
● Students currently enrolled in a college or university within New York City
● A New York State resident having attended a college or university within New York City between 2020-2021
Solar One seeks an intern to support our clean energy career training programs for adults. The Green Workforce (GWF) program offers hard-skill technical training and environmental education tied to the high growth areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy, energy efficient building operations and maintenance, and construction. The GWF team provides services to under and unemployed individuals via strategic partnerships with other workforce training programs throughout NYC. Many of our partners serve people with previous criminal justice involvement, folks who are experiencing homelessness, and young people interested in alternative pathways to stable work. The Green Workforce Program staff is dedicated to building an inclusive economy and providing education opportunities to all individuals who want to excel professionally, become economically self-sufficient and contribute a fast-growing workforce sector.
GWF Interns will have the opportunity to join virtual energy training programs with our team of expert instructors. Pending safety and social distancing concerns, there may also be opportunities to participate in hands-on training at our lab in Long Island City, Queens. Please note that in-person programs would be optional.
· Support GWF Program Manager with curriculum development. Activities may include researching new material, editing existing content, and/or working on graphic design.
· Support the strategy and expansion of social media presence for the GWF team, specifically for Instagram. Work with the Director to develop short and mid-term content strategies; research relevant data and industry news; create consistent posting schedule.
· Assist instructional staff with virtual training, including but not limited to tracking attendance, administering assignments and surveys, and acting as an additional support system to aid the overall success of the learning environment. Potential to be given instructional opportunities as the internship progresses.
· Assist with research, data tracking and administrative tasks.
· Participate in mentorship activities with supervisor and other Solar One staff.
· Complete a culminating project that assists with the clarification and development of professional goals.
· The ideal candidate with have a vested interest in renewable energy and energy efficiency, along with a commitment to serving individuals with significant barriers to employment and training them for sustainable jobs. Prior coursework or working experience in these fields or ones closely related are preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and various social media platforms are preferred.
· Due to a shift toward remote working in 2020, the candidate must have strong communication skills, be well organized and be willing to take initiative to work independently in an environment with limited supervision.
Most importantly, the candidate will show a willingness to learn and support Solar One’s overarching mission to foster sustainability and resiliency in NYC by supporting communities in need.
Solar One is an equal opportunity employer. Solar One strives to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of renewable energy and resilience and people in a rapidly changing world. Solar One recruits and employs through a lens of equity and encourages people of all races, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law to apply.
Are you looking to learn more about renewable energy and the possibility of a green career in this growing industry? Solar One’s Clean Energy Workforce Internship will give you first-hand experience in workforce training to expand your…