Hours per week
3 month minimum, 14 hours per week minimum
307 West 38th Street
The Public Health and Community Engagement Intern will help develop and grow new and existing partnerships with Health and Supportive Service agencies.
The primary goals are to:
- Increase the visibility of the new Article 31 (Mental Health Clinic) and Article 32 (Substance Use Clinic) clinics throughout NYC, ultimately increasing external and internal client referrals into both clinics through strategic partnerships and initiatives;
- Develop and evaluate processes to track and increase client referrals and enrollment into the Health Homes program;
- Work closely with Substance Use, Mental Health, and Care Coordination staff to develop and implement meaningful strategies.
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the internship:
- Perform research that will help us develop new business or support our ability to better serve our existing client base.
- Research needs of external organizations.
- Identify key persons/decision makers.
- Help maintain strong internal and external relationships through strategic partnership/collaboration.
- Attend business development meetings with prospective organizations.
- Assist with planning for meetings and presentations primarily for external agencies.
- Work closely and collaborate with various GMHC departments.
Public Health and Community Engagement Intern will be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate school; preferably with a business or health related concentration.
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this internship possesses most or all of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills & works well in teams
- Highly organized individual with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic understanding of healthcare systems, data collection & research, and/or effective evaluation models.
· Winter/Spring Internship, Start and End Date Flexible
· 3 month time commitment
· Minimum of 14 hours per week