Hours per week
got history? is a start-up social impact organization looking for a summer intern to accelerate our launch.
Spun out of Ashoka, the world's largest social entrepreneurship network, got history? is building a movement and a marketplace to make history a force for changemaking.
We are looking for a summer intern to lead start-up related activities. In particular, we are looking for support in
a) setting up a newsletter and communications strategy for a growing community of "history providers"
b) collecting and mapping information on funding market for civic engagement/humanities
c) conducting market research on user needs
d) supporting ongoing pilot project in Boston (leading collaborative of all historic institutions and the city to create a new "4-D" map/app for the city of Boston for all T-Stations)
They should be driven, well-organized, and detail-oriented while finding fun opportunities to innovate every day. All applicants must be flexible, self-directed, and possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We appreciate interns who have excellent writing skills, good time management, are on task, outgoing and willing to learn new material. Most importantly, we want interns to support our vision, and be able to dedicate themselves wholeheartedly to their work while they are with us.
• Interest in history and entrepreneurship with a demonstrated commitment to social change
• Excellent communication skills with a dynamic personality willing to pitch-in where needed
• Familiarity with digital collaboration tools preferred
• Attention to detail, well-organized, self-motivated
• Excellent understanding of MS Word and Excel
• Must be in the process of obtaining or possess a Bachelor’s degree
• Native or near-native written and spoken English language skills
• Map the market of history-related money (foundations, companies)
• Assist with planning and delivering multiple online and offline collaborative events for history providers (teachers, librarians, museum heads)
• Support development of communications and collaboration tools for growing network
• Assist with office management and ensure tools and systems are in place to effectively implement plans
• Design and conduct surveys and focus groups with different stakeholders in Boston
Our goal is to ensure that every intern has an excellent professional development experience. We regret that we can only offer a modestly stipended internship at this time. Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2017. Internships are 8-10 weeks in duration but exact dates of internships are flexible.
Ideally, this person would be living in Boston, as that is where a lot of our pilot activities are. We are specifically looking for people who bring in the perspective of a non-dominant narrative.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $600.00 /month
How To Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter with a paragraph on why you think history matters.