Hours per week
15 hours per week
HERdacity, a women’s leadership non-profit organization, is hiring a Community Engagement Intern, responsible for supporting the marketing department to build a robust online community through strategic and coordinated content, graphics, emails, and analytics.
Interns must have the ability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week at the HERdacity office located in Central Austin near the University of Texas campus and ACC Downtown.
This is an unpaid internship. The Intern will work under supervision of existing staff.
● Writes copy and produces original content for all social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn and others
● Contributes to the editorial calendar and writes content for blogs, web content, marketing brochures, and other advertising collateral
● Monitors social media activities on a regular basis and finds opportunities to build relationships with new and existing audiences
● Monitors and reports on the success of community engagement, including Google Analytics, MailChimp, and social media analytics
● Brainstorms, proposes, and assists in executing unique content marketing opportunities and special projects
● Collaborates with other HERdacity team members as needed
Other duties as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
(Must fulfill some of the qualifications below, not all qualifications are needed to apply)
● Must have at least one (1) year of online marketing and/or content experience across multiple digital platforms
● Experience with social media, SEO, graphics, and copywriting
● Competent using Adobe platforms – (Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign)
● Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google documents
● Experience using CMS systems such as Drupal or Wordpress
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Working toward a four-year college degree from an accredited university or recently graduated with a degree in Marketing, Mass Communications, and/or Business is preferred
● Strong attention to detail
● Self-discipline requiring little supervision
● Ability to work collaboratively with a group or individually
● Great organization and planning skills
● Superb problem analysis and problem solving skills
● Outside of the box thinking for a variety of issues
● Adaptability, flexibility, and sound judgment are all a must
● Experience with social media organizational tools such as HootSuite
● Experience with Google Adwords, Google Webmaster, and Microsoft BING
● Experience with HTML and CSS
● Hands on knowledge of best practices in SEM
● Supports HERdacity’s mission and goals
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
HERdacity.org is a new non-profit online platform that launched in May 2017 and is dedicated to building a community where women, come together, learn from each other, share their stories and encourage one another to live a life of authenticity and daring. We are a positive, non-political, affirming and emboldening outlet for women to pursue their destiny and talk about the things they really want to talk about.
We believe that inspiring women help others to break through internal and external barriers to become the audacious, inspiring women they were born to be.
Job Type: Part-time