The Marketing and Development Intern position is an exciting opportunity to impact marketing and fundraising in a small and dynamic nonprofit performing arts organization. Reporting directly to our Executive Director, you will play an integral part in the overall success of The New York Choral Society’s marketing and fundraising activities. You will have the opportunity to learn about multiple facets of non-profit performing arts marketing and development including database management, fundraising, marketing, communications and research. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize and/or grow your skills in fundraising, marketing, communications and non-profit management.
This internship is based in New York, but due to COVID-19 concerns, will be primarily a remote position at this time. The Executive Director reserves the right to request the intern to attend in-person meetings if it is necessary and deemed safe to do so. This is a paid internship. However, course credit may be available from your educational institution if preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· With the Executive Director, help develop and execute NYCHORAL’s development and communications plans that engage audience and donor segments and lead to measurable results
· Learn the DonorPerfect donor management platform, help ensure all contact profiles, donation entries, activity tracking, and reports are current, complete and accurate. Assist with the creation of dashboards and reports.
· Learn the email database platform, help maintain and update contact information in our mailing list of audience members and donors.
· Support additional communications efforts, including website, e-blasts, and social media
· Assist with preparation for virtual meetings, donor cultivation events, and presentations.
· Support the grant proposal development and submission process—ensuring that proposals, reports and other documents are accurate and prepared in a timely fashion
· Anticipate the needs of the Executive Director regarding cultivation initiatives, meetings, research, and system implementation
· Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director
· Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program.
· School or work experience in non-profit development, marketing, communications, fundraising or related field preferred.
· Superior written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and web applications.
· Self-motivated, flexible, ability to multi-task, and able to work independently under deadlines with guidance from the Executive Director.
· An interest in the performing arts and classical music and is preferred.
· Must be available at least 2-3 days (or 10 hours) a week with ability to start the internship in October 2021 and continue at least through December 2021 with the option to extend the internship to May 2022.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for internships without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Marketing and Development Intern position is an exciting opportunity to impact marketing and fundraising in a small and dynamic nonprofit performing arts organization. Reporting directly to our Executive Director, you will play an…
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter, which details your career objectives and your interest in a marketing and development for a nonprofit performing arts organization. Included any relevant experience you may have!