Hours per week
825 8th Avenue
Are you a dedicated, dynamic self-starter who desires some hands-on learning in a unique nonprofit environment? Do you have a passion for helping others and building support to make it happen? This is an opportunity to make a significant impact, by joining our team. You would be an instrumental part of building visibility for a social issue of immense scale that has <15% awareness, and helping build strategic partnerships with leading organizations to deploy the unique resources we’ve created collaboratively with the world’s top researchers.
This is a unique opportunity to get significant hands on experience at a small, progressive nonprofit with groundbreaking initiatives and big accomplishments. You can be a significant part of building something significant while you exponentially learn and grow your knowledge and skills.
As a Marketing & Fundraising Intern, you will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer, but will also work closely with the Development Director and the organization’s Georgia Chapter Board Chair. The position will be centered around 4 primary focus areas: digital/social community management, partner communications, fundraising research & prospecting, and general/administrative support. You will manage the social media posting and engagement with constituents on FB, Twitter and Instagram. You will conduct communications with existing partners to maintain our relationships current while also helping research and identify relevant new partners. You will research, seek out, evaluate, & identify potential funders, contributors, & opportunities for revenue that align with the organization’s mission, values, & goals. Finally, you will manage and field incoming communications, keep track of important contacts, and provide general administrative support, as needed.
If you love helping people while interacting with diverse likeminded individuals and institutions, this is a great fit for you. You will have the opportunity to work directly with high-level executives both in HQ and regionally, which will allow you to gain a highly marketable set of skills directly from mid-and senior-level staff. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, driven, committed to excellence, eager to expand their knowledge in the nonprofit/social services realm – particularly as relates to marketing, fundraising, & digital communications – and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Strong research, writing & interpersonal skills also a must.
This is an unpaid internship with opportunity to become a part- or full-time paid position for the right candidate after a 3-month orientation period.
- Maintain and optimize communications with existing partners and constituents, particularly via email and on social media
- Conduct thorough and meticulous research to identify, gather and optimize the most relevant, credible, information about potential new partners to help facilitate successful collaborations
- Work closely with regional Chapters and senior staff on partnership outreach, tracking, and follow-up, to aid in the execution of large-scale collaboration campaigns, new partner cultivation, and social media outreach around groundbreaking concepts, tools and resources
- Conduct thorough and meticulous research to prospect & identify the most relevant, well-suited, & attainable funding entities, leads, & opportunities, to help facilitate successful fundraising/revenue cultivation outcomes
- Oversee all social media posting & engagement across multiple platforms, to further the Association’s mission, message, & continuously grow its social community
- Manage or appropriately field all incoming communications to the organization
- Provide general/administrative support to the organization’s executive team, Board, regional Chapters, and other staff, as needed
- Reliable, punctual, detail-oriented and MUST BE ABLE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS well
- Passionate about helping others and making a difference
- Interested in nonprofit work, with emphasis on child welfare
- Must possess good writing, communication and people skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Power Point, and strong understanding of social media platforms, including FB, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube a must
- Working knowledge of Word Press, content management and MailChimp/email platforms preferred
- Must have a strong ability to weed out unnecessary facts and focus on what’s critical
- Strategic, energetic multi-tasker with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects on tight timelines with limited resources
- Strong desire to learn and motivation to build skills in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
About the Childhood Domestic Violence Association
The Childhood Domestic Violence Association works to increase awareness of Childhood Domestic Violence (CDV) as an issue affecting hundreds of millions, empower caring adults, communities and organizations to serve as a lifeline for impacted children, and educate adults who experienced CDV as to the long-term impact, so they can strive to overcome it. Using the leading research and best known practices in the field, we develop and deploy groundbreaking, highly scalable tools that have never existed before. We then partner with leading organizations that directly touch the lives of children and adults who are growing up/grew up living with domestic violence. Our tools and resources are used to educate, train, and empower them and those who work with them to help reclaim their lives and reach their full potential. www.cdv.org
How To Apply
How to apply
Please email resumes, cover letter, and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Fundraising Intern – First & Last Name” in the subject line. CDV is an equal opportunity employer.