Hours per week
Full-time Summer Months
633 3rd Avenue
Smile Train seeks an intern to work with our Direct Marketing department for Summer 2018.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Learning about different forms of mass marketing, including direct mail, DRTV, telemarketing, and face-to-face canvassing
• Supporting the development and review of national offline marketing campaigns by confirming accuracy of copy, content, donor information, etc.
• Interacting with global staff
• Developing a deep understanding of Smile Train’s fundraising efforts
• Learning directly from non-profit marketing and fundraising professionals
• Assisting with developing and retaining a diverse donor base
• Assessing performance of marketing campaigns by evaluating results against target key performance indicators
• Experience in an office environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and quick to adapt to new database systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable with basic quantitative evaluation
• Very organized and efficient, with excellent attention to detail
• Great time management skills: ability to prioritize and handle several projects at one time
• A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
• Professional and friendly
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Proven interest in international/health issues
How To Apply
Smile Train is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Direct Marketing Intern” in the subject of the email. Local candidates only; relocation assistance is not available at this time. In compliance with the law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.