826LA is looking for interns who are passionate about education and about our mission.
826LA is offering a hybrid position to support our hybrid Tutoring Program, which offers free tutoring sessions for students in grades 3rd to 12th grade. This position reports to the Program Coordinator(s), and will be responsible for completing program operations, including creating activities for students in grades 3rd to 12th, Salesforce database management, support with student and volunteer outreach and recruitment, and tracking of data relevant to the program, as well as work on individual long-term projects with the purpose of the improvement of the program. This position offers a $250 stipend upon successful completion of internship term.
- Assist the Program Coordinator(s) with the preparation of hybrid Tutoring program materials for the beginning of the 2021-2022 School Year.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of Family onboarding and Orientations.
- Set up daily/ weekly communications with program supervisor through Zoom, emails, check- ins
- During team meetings, be responsible for meeting minutes, and familiarizing themselves with the program
- Support the student recruitment and outreach process for hybrid Tutoring, which will include email and phone call communication with families.
- Assist in the daily set up of programming both in person and online, which will include Zoom technical run throughs with Program Coordinator(s).
- Help ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and organization of all student forms, program evaluations and data, such as student and volunteer surveys.
- Initiate, work independently on, and complete short and long term projects related to the needs and improvement of the program
- Provide support for volunteers, programming, administrative tasks, and operations, as needed
- Support in the creation and preparation of writing materials for the program.
- Access to reliable transportation to either Echo Park or Mar Vista
- Access to stable internet, a computer, audio, microphone, and a webcam
- Attention to detail, punctuality, flexibility to adjust in the moment, and willingness to learn and grow through practice
- Knowledge of Zoom logistics including setting up break out rooms, and fluency with zoom’s functionalities
- Available at least 15 hours a week Monday- Friday, during the hours of 2PM-9PM online and in-person.
- Must be available to support programming both online and in person.
- Interest in writing, education, nonprofits, youth development, and/or art education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, public speaking is a plus
- Written and spoken Spanish-language proficiency, a plus.
- Must attend mandatory orientation training on Wednesday, September 8th
- Must be available between September 24th- December 8th, 2021
How to apply:
In order to be considered you must thoroughly complete the online application at http://826la.org/volunteer/internships/ and include the following:
- A cover letter explaining what strengths and experience you will bring to the position and what you hope to gain from this experience
- Your availability (specify which date you are able to start)
- A resume that reflects relevant experience and skills
- A list of professional references (no more than three) with email addresses and telephone numbers
- All CA residents are welcome to apply, we can not accept out of state applicants at this time
- Optional: letter of recommendation
Intern candidates enrolled in an accredited college or university are welcome to apply. 826LA is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages persons with diverse backgrounds, persons of color, LGBTQIA individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply for this position.