NGO Administration Internship on the coast of beautiful Bahia, Brazil
- Internship posted by ETIV do Brasil
Hours per week
30 hours per week
Rua Massaranduba, No. 26
Bairro Passagem, CEP 45530-000
We are looking for an NGO Administration Intern to help us recruit, manage and support our volunteers, while also helping us with all aspects of administration - from marketing and recruitment to fund development and house management to finance and database management. The ETIV administration internship is a fantastic opportunity to learn about NGO administration and international development while also making a difference and boosting your resume and competitiveness in a tough job market.
- Correspondence with prospective volunteers prior to their arrival, while also supporting and managing volunteers from the moment they arrive to the time they leave.
- Welcoming volunteers upon arrival, leading volunteer inductions and bike tours of Itacaré, organizing fun cultural and recreational activities with the volunteers and supporting fundraising events.
- Supervising volunteers in their projects to ensure that their volunteer experience is both challenging, rewarding and making a positive difference to the families and communities here in Itacaré.
- Basic to intermediate Portuguese.
- 3 months minimum and 4 to 6 months time commitment preferred for all coordinators (however we do welcome applications for Administration volunteers/interns that can only stay 1-3 months)
- Strong leadership, social and organizational skills.
- Patience, flexibility and punctuality.
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacare, Bahia. Our mission is to connect international volunteers with local communities to support environmental conservation and development in Brazil.
Low income volunteers and interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 5 months time commitment (preferably 6) to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have their volunteer contribution waved. This allows low income students to receive all the benefits of interning with our NGO (including life insurance, a tour of Itacare, an induction to the NGO, training in your project, ongoing supervision and support and 24 hour emergency support) completely free of charge. However, all volunteers and interns are responsible for covering their own food, travel and accommodation expenses and everyone must pay the $67 admin fee that covers all legal documentation. ETIV do Brasil does provide a volunteer house where volunteers and interns can live at a very affordable price.
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with our NGO and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We can offer ongoing support and supervision and can help organize taxi pickups, local accommodations and even Capoeira or Portuguese classes. All volunteers and interns will also receive our Pre-Departure Powerpoint, and Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacare and life insurance during their internship at the NGO.
These positions are perfect for someone seeking meaningful internship experience in a stunning location with a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture. Itacare is unique place where the Rainforest meets the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beaches, jungle, coconut trees, waterfalls and wildlife abound.
How To Apply
For more information and to apply go to: www.etivdobrasil.org and click the big "apply now" button.