Hours per week
full time/part time
We are looking for a Volunteer in the field of Administration to help organize and run administrative duties of the Migration Hub Network and the implementation of procedures. The job will be highly important in ensuring the management team meets its goals of efficiency and transparency.
The volunteer´s responsibilities include monitoring inventory, prepare budgets, supporting in the development of financial reports, analysis and management tracking. Interpersonal and mediation skills are also useful, as you’ll often be acting as a liaison between managers, team and suppliers. Ultimately, the main duty of the volunteer are to make sure our Hub in Berlin operates effectively.
- Assist the Management Team in organizing meetings, workshops and working sessions;
- Assist and coordinate the Team in bookkeeping, accounting and financial review;
- Ensure a fluid flow of invoicing, payments and follow-up with suppliers;
- Supporting in the implementation of procedures;
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives;
- Monitor and maintain the Berlin Hub inventory;
- Create reports, analyse and interpret data, like revenues, expenses and competition;
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the Hub is functioning and presentable;
- Make sure all employees adhere to the organisation’s policies and guidelines.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration/ Management/ Economics or relevant field;
- Available to work part- or full-time for a minimum duration of 3 months;
- Familiarity with financial principles, accounting and bookkeeping;
- Ability to create and analyse reports, spreadsheets and statistics;
- Strong project management and communications skills;
- Self organised, proactive, analytical thinker;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and advanced knowledge of German;
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Problem-solving attitude.
About Migration Hub
Migration Hub Network is a non-profit company dedicated to creating spaces where social
entrepreneurs and organisations meet to design solutions around mass migration. Our network
generates not only physical impact, but connects organisations across Europe, fostering
collaboration between actors in the public and private sector in order to transform the challenges surrounding migration into opportunities.
Migration Hubs identify and host promising social initiatives and social entrepreneurs working in the field of migration and inclusion, and help them thrive. We assist in scaling grassroots initiatives into sustainable entities to empower migrants from all walks of life, build relationships with other organisations in the field, and match initiatives with our partners (NGOs, CSR departments, foundations, academic institutions) who already do, or want to, support migrants and newcomers.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our highly motivated, diverse team in our beautiful location in the heart of Berlin, please send your application ( CV and cover letter) to Eleonora Frati at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th. We are looking for a candidate who can join us as soon as possible.
We place particular emphasis on diversity in our recruitment efforts.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we withhold the right to close the listing before the deadline in case a suitable candidate is found.