Hours per week
7 Days a week
900 Chapel Street
Membership and Development Intern:
CFE and its bi-state program Save the Sound are seeking a dynamic and creative self-starter interested in gaining real world nonprofit development, event management, and marketing/communications experience. Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills are a must. Qualified applicants will have the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with keen attention to detail and excellent problem solving abilities are needed. Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel. Moderate social media experience (ie: Facebook and Twitter) and database management skills a plus.
Strong candidates will come prepared with basic knowledge of CFE/Save the Sound’s organizational goals as well as thoughts and suggestions for membership recruitment and event preparation. This position will be supervised by the Director of Member Engagement.
- Researching and procuring in-kind donations for silent auction at major fundraising events.
- Assisting in the coordination and execution of small and large-scale events, including marketing and logistics.
- Table third-party events as a representative of CFE/Save the Sound.
- Manage and enter event attendee and new member data in organizational database.
- Develop social media marketing and recruitment for events including Facebook updates, tweets, and blog posts.
- Perform other, related duties as assigned.
Educational Benefit: For individuals who are considering careers in the field of non-profit development, this internship will introduce interns to a broad range of critical development work. The internship will provide substantial experience working with current and prospective members of a non-profit advocacy organization, and offer exposure to several different development positions. The internship will also provide ample opportunities to educate the intern on database entry and management and the use of social media for the benefit of development.
- Bachelor’s degree, or current student in pursuit of bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Database entry and management skills a plus.
- Driver’s license.
CFE provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, or any status protected by law.
CFE is committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
This is an unpaid internship.