Hours per week
233 Broadway Suite 2705
Are you ready to take on the challenge of a lifetime - to bring clean water to the world?
The fact that 1 in 10 people in the world today don’t have clean water is an outrage, and we need you to help change that. We’re the #1 international nonprofit exclusively focused on clean water, hygiene and sanitation, and there are 650 million reasons we do what we do. That daunting figure is the number of men, women and children who have yet to see, taste and enjoy safe clean water.
Our office in New York City needs an energetic, organized and focused undergraduate student to join our small team this fall semester. If you are considering non-profit administration or international development, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on, substantive experience. Not only will you be learning about international development from one of the world’s leading nonprofits, you’ll be doing your part to stop a killer that steals more lives than malaria and AIDs combined.
While you're with us, you'll learn how to…
- Use our accounting system to follow revenue and expenses from receipts to reports: post journal entries, process accounts payable, and reconcile data across systems
- Practice financial management basics: prepare month-end financial reports, manage and update forecasts, and communicate findings
- Account for temporarily restricted funds in compliance with donor restrictions
- Wear an operational hat: assist with audits, track physical inventory and support the office in staying sane and running smoothly
- Give a hand with special projects as needed
You should apply if you are...
- Entering your final year at an accredited college/university, or a recent graduate (preference given to candidates majoring in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting)
- An advanced Excel user who is comfortable managing data in spreadsheets
- The most organized person you know
- An excellent communicator
- Customer service-oriented
- Able to learn quickly and work both independently and as a team member
- Familiarity with accounting software (specifically Adagio)
- Interested in international development, public health, and/or non-profit administration
What we expect from you
- Appetite to learn! You’ll exude an eagerness to tackle and complete projects
- A commitment of at least 20 hours per week between June and mid-August (days and hours are flexible)
- A curious, go-getter attitude, able to take initiative, ask questions and get things done
- Genuine interest in the world of non-profits and in international development
- Attention to detail and a love for getting really important info organized
- Hands-on experience at one of the world’s top international nonprofits - academic credit available
- Gain a strong understanding of non-profit financial practices and challenges
- Mentorship to grow and develop professionally
- Transportation and meal stipend
- Accomplished and welcoming colleagues
- All-you-can-drink coffee and tea
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re doing your part to change the world!
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Finance Intern” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is May 31, 2018.
In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you’re a perfect fit and how much time you can commit to each week (what days and for how long you are available between June and August 2018).