2019 Spring Program Associate (January - May)
- Internship posted by Society for International Development - Washington Chapter
Hours per week
Ability to work full time (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM or 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
1129 20th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
An internship at SID-Washington is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Spring Associate, you will meet high-level professionals with years of experience in the field and in Washington, DC – perhaps even your future employer!
SID-Washington is seeking two full-time Program Associates to support communications and programmatic efforts across the organization. S/he will be joining a tight-knit team. As a Program Associate your duties will include:
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering phones, handling mail, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Assist with program development and planning for SID-Washington's numerous workgroups
- Assist with preparations for SID-Washington's Annual Dinner
- Assist with planning for SID-Washington’s Annual Career Fair
- Write summaries of Chapter activities and events to be published on our website
- Develop outreach materials
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development and/or event planning preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Start and end date flexible.
A stipend of $2,000 is provided, with half paid at the midpoint and other half paid at the completion of the internship.