Hours per week
8-10 hours per week
19 Clarendon Street
The primary focus of this internship is to help with various facets of digital and web asset management under the supervision of the Web Manager. Additional time will be spent helping to catalogue and organize Boston Ballet’s in situ archives (mostly photography and ephemera).
Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Upload assets to the digital asset management platform
- Help organize, catalogue, and assign metadata, keywords, and descriptions to assets in the DAM
- Upload content and assets to the web content management systems (CMS)
- Using uploaded content and assets created for publication on bostonballet.org
Boston Ballet Archives
- Help catalogue and organize photography pertaining to Boston Ballet history and performances
- Conduct research on assets housed in the archives through Playbills, social media, traditional media platforms, and archival materials housed at the Boston Ballet company headquarters
- Assist in the digitization of photography and other materials
- Assist in the preparation for storage of archival materials
Other projects as assigned.
- Currently or recently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Able to commit to 8-10 hours per week minimum
- Familiarity with DAM platforms
- Familiarity with CMS platforms especially WYSIWYG formats a plus
- Familiarity with digital tools such as scanners
- Familiarity with best practice for archival cataloguing
- Independent and self-motivated with strong organization skills
- Ability to analyze, edit, and prioritize information
- Proficiency in general office software programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- College level writing skills
- Strong research skills and proficiency with internet search tools
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a love for the arts is encouraged
- Knowledge of ballet and/or ballet history is a plus
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes.