Hours per week
135 East 57th Street
As seen in the New York Times, Washington Post and Forbes, DreamWakers is a nonprofit edtech startup that uses free video chat services like Google Hangouts to bring diverse and dynamic leaders into under-resourced classrooms. Working across 30 states, DreamWakers connects 4th-12th grade students with vetted career role models who work at places such as Apple, JetBlue Airways and The White House. DreamWakers' video sessions last 45 minutes, and are called "flashchats." Each flashchat is designed to shed light on the real-world applicability of course lessons, while inspiring students to plan for future life and career opportunities.
DREAMWAKERS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Interns at DreamWakers get a first-hand look at how a growing edtech startup functions on a day-to-day basis. Our interns have the opportunity to learn about education innovation, digital media, nonprofit business operations, public service, and more.
EDUCATION OUTREACH + DIGITAL MEDIA INTERN
The Education Outreach + Digital Media Intern will assist in DreamWakers' education initiatives and digital media outreach. The ideal candidate will be a college or graduate student with an interest in pursuing a career in education, innovation, public service, startups or cause marketing. He or she must possess strong written, research, and personal skills. Experience in creating lesson plans and grant writing a plus. Experience working in MailChimp, Wix, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Final Cut also preferred.
DreamWakers seeks an Education Outreach + Digital Media Intern to support our mission and organizational growth. Ideal candidates are highly-organized, excellent communicators who are passionate about education equality and digital media.
- Assist with new teacher outreach and communications
- Write newsletters, blog posts, and web content
- Draft teacher lesson plans and extension activities for 4th-12th grades
- Help research and write grant applications
- Host flashchats on Google Hangouts with DreamWakers classrooms
- Create content for DreamWakers social media channels, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Attend weekly meetings (in person and/or via video chat) with leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the DreamWakers team
- Student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program with passion for education innovation, startups, education policy
- Detail-oriented writer; experience drafting lesson plans and/or grant applications preferred
- Creative communicator; experience creating compelling content for social media
- Self-motivated, highly-organized, upbeat
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with team members
- Familiarity with Apple office products, Excel, Google Suite, Hootsuite, Wix
How To Apply
TO APPLY: If you’re interested in this internship opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “EDUCATION OUTREACH + DIGITAL MEDIA INTERN” in the subject line by NOON on April 2, 2018.