Hours per week
We ask for a three-month total commitment but are flexible on the start and end dates. Full-time preferred, part-time options are available.
One Acre Fund is seeking strong candidates for an internship in our New York office. This is a unique opportunity to get exposed to the workings of a growing social enterprise. One Acre Fund relies on grant funding to support our operational deficit, but also takes on small amounts of debt in order to finance purchases of agricultural inputs. The internship would be supporting the Investor Relations team at One Acre Fund, which manages the organization’s debt needs, searches for new potential lenders, and does various cash flow modeling to inform borrowing decisions.
Responsibilities: Support the Investor Relations Team with lender due diligence, loan compliance reporting, and other analytical project support, as needed.
- Loan compliance
- One Acre Fund reports quarterly on its financials to its lenders. You will work on preparing the reporting package, by putting together reports and analysis of One Acre Fund’s performance.
- Make recommendations on how we could streamline this process and implement them (e.g. automating reporting model output using Excel macros).
- Lender Due Diligence
- Develop a simple due diligence package on One Acre Fund to share with new investors
- Assist the Investor Relations team in streamlining lender due diligence process
- Special Projects
- Research new potential debt partnerships for One Acre Fund
- Developing and documenting various processes of the Investor Relations team (Lender due diligence, loan closing checklist etc.)
- Assist other teams in the Finance Department as needed
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals. Though an internship does not guarantee a permanent job offer, high performing candidates have gone on to work for us full-time in the past.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for a competitive internship position. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Currently in MBA or similar finance-focused graduate program
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, including macros (knowledge of basic macros will be tested in the interview process)
- Solid communication skills; Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely both by email and verbally
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of corporate finance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Research skills (e.g. for potential lender research)
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Humility. We have a fantastic and likable team. We are looking for passionate people that combine strong leadership skills with patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team depending on the project
- Prior exposure to impact investing or philanthropy a plus
- Language: English required
PREFERRED START DATE
August/September 2018. We ask for a three-month total commitment but are flexible on the start and end dates. Full-time preferred, part-time options are available.
New York City