25 Broadway, 12th Floor
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (“RLC”) is a non-profit food rescue organization based in New York City that delivers leftover food from restaurants and caterers to local agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens. We have thus far delivered over 1,000,000 pounds of food with the lowest cost per delivery in the industry. Our business model is centered around four stages: (1) proactively seek out businesses with leftover food for partnerships, (2) deliver excess, wholesome food directly to local agencies, (3) use our expertise in food rescue to consult each partner different ways to reduce food waste, (4) partners successfully graduate from the RLC food rescue program with reduced food cost and food waste.
We are looking for Core Rescuers! You will be responsible for the most important, hence core, operations of our organization. We need leaders who can lead groups of volunteers bringing bags, boxes, and tins of food from restaurants to homeless shelters. You must be able to communicate well, educating everyday volunteers about the issues of food waste and hunger while you walk. Each event is about half an hour, and the average group size is three. We require you to commit 10 hours a week doing this for four months. Once you begin, you will be equipped with apparel, RLC designations, and other equipment. After successful completion of the internship, you will receive a stipend of $500.
• Must commit to ten hours per week
• Lead groups of volunteers on deliveries of food to homeless shelters
• Educate everyday volunteers about food waste and hunger
• Answer questions from the general public
• Maintain friendly relationships with partner food providers
- Responsible, we are looking for punctual and committed individuals.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to think on your own feet and improvise in case of unplanned events.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted.