Stipend of $540 per week
Hours per week
36 hours per week
641 S Street Northwest, 3rd Floor
District of Columbia
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Africa, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, cycling and walking, travel demand management, parking, transport policy, shared mobility, and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
The Research Group under ITDP’s Global Programs is seeking an intern to be based in the Washington, D.C. office. The major goals of the Research Group are to monitor progress on sustainable transportation and to translate research into easily understandable information that leads to better decision making by government officials. The intern will support these efforts through data collection and cleaning, literature reviews, and analysis.
The Intern will report to the Global Research Manager and will work with staff across all ITDP offices.
- Perform literature reviews
- Identify key data sources and make data requests
- Obtain, clean, and organize data
- Perform statistical analyses
- Create communications materials based on analysis of data
- Provide logistical support for organizing events and study tours in DC
- Administrative duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program in urban planning, engineering, geography, or related field.
- Strong interest in cities, sustainable transportation, urban planning, or related areas.
- Good communicator with good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of conducting fast-paced internet research.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, especially to discern and prioritize urgent requests.
- Proficiency in GIS.
- High proficiency in Excel.
- Statistical analysis and SPSS experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Chinese, or Portuguese a plus.
- Must be available to work in the office 36 hours per week; the internship dates are June 4, 2018- August 31, 2018 with a possibility to extend the internship.
- A stipend of $540 per week is available.
How To Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DC Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.