Hours per week
35 hours per week for six months
2000 M St. NW
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for its flagship program, the ICFJ Knight Fellowships. This is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how innovation can transform journalism and society, and how international programs are run. This will be achieved through tasks that involve interacting with Fellows and supporting online storytelling, tracking and reporting on impact, project development and management, program finances, travel logistics and other administrative tasks.
The ICFJ Knight Fellowships are designed to instill a culture of news innovation and experimentation worldwide. Fellows partner with newsrooms, startups and other organizations to help them to produce cutting-edge storytelling that engages audiences and improves societies.
● Report, write and produce articles and multimedia about ICFJ Knight Fellows’ projects, outcomes and innovations to be published on ICFJ.org and/or IJNet.org
● Assist in tracking ICFJ Knight impact
● Update databases, including Google Sheets, AirTable and Salesforce, with project results and contact information
● Research media and innovation in different countries for project development and analysis
● Contribute to program finances: tracking expense reports, assisting with payment requisitions, and maintaining budgets
● Assist ICFJ staff with arranging travel and other logistics for program participants
● Provide administrative support as needed
Interns are paid $12.50 an hour.
How To Apply
● Must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate
● Demonstrated interest in journalism and media
● Experience producing videos preferred
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
● Ability to manage multiple tasks
● Experience with finances, event planning, research, logistics, databases, administrative tasks and spreadsheets is preferred
● Experience with Excel, Google Drive; Salesforce, Asana and Slack are a plus
● Proficiency in languages other than English desired
The internship would be 21-35 hours a week (35 hours preferred), depending on the availability of the intern, with a commitment up to six months.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to https://www.taforms.com/4675980. Only complete applications will be considered. The internship will be offered as soon as we find the right candidate. Our hope is that the candidate will be available to start the beginning of June 2018 (sooner is possible).