Business Intelligence/Analytics Internship in Rome, Italy
- Internship posted by Picture the World, Social Justice Organisation
Hours per week
40 hours per week
Gain Professional Experience in Rome, Italy!
21 May – 08 June 2018
Work alongside Italian NGO, companies, and government entities in Rome, Italy developing and improving methods of refugee economic integration. A top priority in Italy and the European Union involves integrating refugees into European countries to adequately build a new life. This process is difficult for a number of reasons, including the overall lack of job opportunities in Italy, the unwillingness of companies to hire refugees, gaps in the process that address specific needs and strengths of the refugees. The business intelligence/analytics intern will work with Roman NGOs and the refugees they serve to develop a database of company information that can be mined to facilitate matching job opportunities with refugees. The intern will assist in acquiring necessary information from companies located in the Rome, Italy area and determine the appropriate input parameters. Additionally, the interns will work with the refugees and organizations serving them to determine the the best method for matching job opportunities with backgrounds, skills, and competencies of the refugees.
Open the doors to your future by participating in this truly unique internship, offering professional, hands-on experiences that most internships cannot offer. Inizia Futuro was developed to both serve vulnerable populations and provide unique, experiential learning for interns. We focus on guiding and teaching valuable professional and technical skills to each intern while also assisting them through their daily work and field research. Additionally, Inizia Futuro leadership works with interns in development and implementation of interventions for our local partners and the community members they serve. We give you the room and skills needed to grow and flourish, while teaching and mentoring you along the way. Come assist and work side-by-side with prominent organisations striving to integrate refugees and address needs of vulnerable Italian populations.
Business Intelligence/Analytics interns will work focus on the the following topics:
- Research company information
- Identify best database parameters for both companies and refugee profiles
- Extract gaps in refugee skill sets that are needed for specific jobs in order to find appropriate training opportunities
- Develop a database for the organization that can be modified with company information and refugee profiles
- Develop a portion of the database for training opportunities and development of network with other organizations that offer needed services
- Train the organizational staff to input and use the database
- Additional areas as they develop to meet local needs and intern goals
Business Intelligence/Analytics interns will work closely with Inizia Futuro leadership and local partners to develop and execute tools and mechanisms to NGOs and refugee welcome centers and the populations they serve to assist in the socio-economic integration of refugees. You will have the opportunity to perform direct-service with refugees, while developing recommendations for various types of Italian entities. Interns will perform research, conduct interviews, and create appropriate content for the refugees and organizations. While receiving mentorship and guidance, interns are encouraged to drive the projects in an autonomous fashion to integrate their own passions and skills.
Applicable fields of study/interest:
- Business Intelligence
- Business Anlytics
- Database Management
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
- Research and Development
- Any other related field
The cost to participate in the program is $1900.00 USD and includes:
- Housing for the duration of the internship
- Transportation to and from the airport upon arrival to and departure from Rome, Italy
- Orientations, overall guidance, opportunities to meet and interact with Italians and other interns alike
- Ground transportation to the internship sites and return
- Access to and work experience with local organizations, government and community
- Direct guidance from the program director, who will provide overall and technical training and education
- Italian language learning opportunities
- Education on Italian history, economy, politics, refugees and their hardships, resources, and processes
- Opportunities to work with previously-collected data from past and current projects, to learn, and to educate
- Gaining experience in leadership, project development, and hands-on work
- Many more opportunities and growth!
We are involved in a project with a local NGO and government-funded refugee welcome center in Rome, Italy. The priorities of these organizations, as well as all of Europe, involves the socio-economic integration of refugees. This focus areas is an integral piece of a critical evaluation and recommendation project that is solutions and applications-based. As such, the intern that is selected for the business intelligence and database management role will also have the opportunity to extend the experience, as well as develop a very key program/program for the country of Italy, and perhaps, around Europe.
You will gain professional skills in many of the following areas:
- public speaking
- data analysis
- human development
- organizational capacity-building
- training & materials
- problem solving
- critical thinking
- global & philanthropic perspectives
- fine detail and large-picture decision-making
- project development & implementation
- integrated and collaborative methodologies
This experience was fashioned specifically for the enhancement of the participants. The interns are the focus of the program, not just integrated into the work we already are performing, and are given much attention for the development and enhancement of their academic and professional skills. The experience of the internship we offer is semi-customized to meet the objectives of each participant individually. We provide appropriate experiences based on education and experience level. The program was created specifically for developing the participants and we aim to meet each participant where they are at the time they begin the program. From there, we work to enhance their professional and technical skills, provide them with hands-on and pertinent work that enables them to learn and grow. Additionally, we aim to develop each intern in a manner that is nurturing, comfortable, and didactic. As a result, upon completion of the experience, participants have an advantage over competition as far as advanced educational programs and job opportunities, having learned both typical and unique skills that can be an asset and major advantage. Interns are given freedom to make decisions and drive projects, while being mentored by our organizational leadership. As a result, the interns will attain an experience that will assist in opening the doors to their future goals and have unique skill sets that are not learned in an academic setting and are slowly learned in a job setting that is not catered to intern talents and objectives. This experience is individualized for each intern, so they are ahead of competition for future aspirations.
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for a limited number of spots. If interested, please email your CV and a cover letter stating the reasons for your interest in the program and the knowledge, experience, and studies that enable you to add value to our program and the communities in Rome, Italy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in our combined Italy - South Africa internship program, please contact the program director: email@example.com.