Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to an inclusive work place.
BAM is an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema. We are seeking a full-time Production Administrative Intern to assist with productions and day-to-day operations of the BAM Fisher Building. At BAM we are proud to present some of the most diverse programing imaginable from countries, cultures and languages from every corner of the globe. You will be a part of an experienced, collaborative, dedicated production team which is passionate about doing great work.
The Production department will hire one intern (40 hours/week) to work with the Production Manager and Production Coordinators in the Fisher Building.
Internship Components and Opportunities
- Get to know BAM in-depth via our Orientation and Theater Tours
- Learn the fundamentals of working at NYC Cultural Institutions
- Work and learn with experienced arts administration professionals. Learn the ins and outs from some of the best in the field
- Lunch with BAM's Executive Team and glimpse the future of the organization from their perspective
- Learn the path a production takes to get to BAM with Follow the Production. This program tracks the mounting of a presentation at BAM from artistic selection and budgeting, to load-in and visas
- See BAM performances and films. Gain access to see some of the most coveted shows in town
- Take advantage of BAM’s seasoned staff for personal career counseling and mentoring
Production Administrative Intern Role and Responsibilities
- Provide general support for all administrative needs in the Production department
- Assist on Fisher Building productions. This includes things like:
- Purchasing supplies
- Researching projects related to the production (hard-to-find items and unusual rentals)
- Acting as a runner/PA for load-in and setup
- Assisting with tracking of expenditures in the Production Budget
- Writing and submitting purchase orders and credit card purchases
- Updating the Production Calendar
- Available work some evening and weekend hours
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable, self-motivated
Pay Rate: $16 - $17.50 per hour, depending on education/experience level. Eligible for paid overtime. Not eligible for benefits.
Check us out on Twitter/Instagram: #SceneAtBAM
How To Apply
Must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please